[Kde-imaging] Proposal for a possible future

Joern Ahrens joern.ahrens at kdemail.net
Wed Feb 1 07:31:26 CET 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 01:15, Aurelien Gateau wrote:

Actually there aren't 18 plugins to manage, most of them just work or are so
little they don't need additional work. Additionally I suggest the creators
of the plugins have to keep track of their work too, which means if someone
has added a plugin he is also responsible for it (so I will keep track of my
last plugin and Varhman has to track flickrexport). If that doesn't work and
a plugin makes too many problems, we have to decide if it will be removed
from kipi (and maybe move to kde-playground).

> - galleryexport : I would be interessted in adding the 2.0 support
> - simpleviewerexport  : Joern, there are still some improvements planned

tracking bko has to be a job for everyone, until we have found somebody who
will manage it. If there are easy to solve reports we should add JJ: to mark
them as junior jobs, maybe Sebastian is interessted in solving them.

> - mpegencoder : There are lots of reports.
> - flickrexport : Vardhman ??
> - imagesgallery : needs to be rewritten

> There are 18 plugins and 5 maintainers. This means 3 or 4 plugins per
> developer. It sounds reasonable to me. Do you agree to try this before we
> decide KIPI is dead and buried?

I'm curious about the answers and how long they will take.

So, I have to leave for my real-life job now.
... Jörn