[Kde-imaging] Proposal for a possible future

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Wed Feb 1 01:15:09 CET 2006

Hello,

Here is a proposal to address the current problem. Roughly speaking, KIPI is
made of two parts: libkipi and the kipi-plugins. To make sure every host app
contribute, I suggest we first assign each plugin to a developer. This should
ensure the maintenance load is shared among the different projects.
If every developer work on one or more plugins there are higher chances they
will also patch libkipi if it causes some trouble in the plugins they
maintain.

Here is a list of the current plugins:
- acquireimages
- batchprocessimages
- calendar
- cdarchiving
- findimages
- flickrexport
- galleryexport
- imagesgallery
- jpeglossless
- kameraklient
- mpegencoder
- printwizard
- rawconverter
- sendimages
- simpleviewerexport
- slideshow
- timeadjust
- wallpaper

And the list of potential maintainers:
- Digikam
 - Joern Ahrens
 - Tom Albers
 (Unfortunately Gilles gave up)
- Gwenview
 - Aurélien Gâteau
- ShowImg
 - Richard Groult
- KPhotoAlbum
 - Jesper K Perdersen

There are 18 plugins and 5 maintainers. This means 3 or 4 plugins per
developer. It sounds reasonable to me. Do you agree to try this before we
decide KIPI is dead and buried?

Regards,