[Kde-imaging] Proposal for a possible future

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:20:59 CET 2006

On 01/02/06, Joern Ahrens <joern.ahrens at kdemail.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 February 2006 01:15, Aurelien Gateau wrote:
>
> Actually there aren't 18 plugins to manage, most of them just work or are
> so
> little they don't need additional work. Additionally I suggest the
> creators
> of the plugins have to keep track of their work too, which means if
> someone
> has added a plugin he is also responsible for it (so I will keep track of
> my
> last plugin and Varhman has to track flickrexport). If that doesn't work
> and
> a plugin makes too many problems, we have to decide if it will be removed
> from kipi (and maybe move to kde-playground).
>
> > - galleryexport : I would be interessted in adding the 2.0 support
> > - simpleviewerexport  : Joern, there are still some improvements planned
>
> tracking bko has to be a job for everyone, until we have found somebody
> who
> will manage it. If there are easy to solve reports we should add JJ: to
> mark
> them as junior jobs, maybe Sebastian is interessted in solving them.
>
> > - mpegencoder : There are lots of reports.
> > - flickrexport : Vardhman ??
> > - imagesgallery : needs to be rewritten
>
> I am fine with maintaining the plugin. I decided earlier that I would
rather add features when they are requested in the wishlist and patch the
bugs which come around the BKO but didn't get much feedback/errors/feature
request, I was wondering if the plugin was even useful and used by anyone
!!!

So basically whatever is decided is fine with me. I will maintain the plugin
whether it remains a kipi-plugin or it becomes digikam only plugin. I only
get libkipi gets better and I can increase my plugins functionality in the
first case. I haven't even tried it with Gwenview or showimg, So I have no
idea how useful it is for those apps, maybe some one else can tell.

regards,
Vardhman
--
Blogs: http://vardhman.blogspot.com