[Kde-imaging] current svn and old KDE

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Dec 9 12:48:03 CET 2006

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Alle 17:46, venerdì 8 dicembre 2006, Arnd Baecker ha scritto:
[...]
> > I leave it up to you if you want to continue to support KDE 3.3.
> > Presumably only debian sarge is the only "current" distribution
> > around with such an old KDE?
> I believe the time is over also for debian... Am I wrong or
> it's going out a new stable release? ;)

Well, there is a slight delay it seems
and for the present debian testing (etch), i.e. the
upcoming stable release, there were no problems!

> > (If you definitively say: no support for KDE 3.3, then
> > this will be my last mail on this ;-)
> Unfortunately I can't we've never decided which is the
> last version we're supporting.
> Anyway imo we can support any versions since the changes
> aren't to hard to maintain.
> >
> > Anyway, below is the list.
> >
> > Best, Arnd
> >
> > P.S.: On a machine with newer KDE everything works fine ...
> If you're not in a hurry I'll give it a look at it asap.

It is not crucial for me as I am thinking
of upgrading my home machine to debian testing during
the next two weeks.
So I am not sure it is really worth all the effort
on your side, but at least I wanted to report this
(so that for example you can put that requirement
in the corresponding files/announcements ...)

> I'm not sure for the visibility problem though, that could
> be related to kde-version and/or gcc-version, and it depends
> also on pathces applied by distro maintainers. Which version
> of admin did you download from svn? I'm not sure you can use kde 3.5
> one...

Well, I used the scripts Fabien has put at
http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn
This one does use
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin

If I remove those plugins which cause problems on KDE 3.3,
the whole compile works fine.

Many thanks for all your effort,

Arnd