[Kde-imaging] current svn and old KDE

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sat Dec 9 21:37:39 CET 2006

Alle 12:48, sabato 9 dicembre 2006, Arnd Baecker ha scritto:

> On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> > Alle 17:46, venerdì 8 dicembre 2006, Arnd Baecker ha scritto:
> [...]
> > > I leave it up to you if you want to continue to support KDE 3.3.
> > > Presumably only debian sarge is the only "current" distribution
> > > around with such an old KDE?
> > I believe the time is over also for debian... Am I wrong or
> > it's going out a new stable release? ;)
>
> Well, there is a slight delay it seems
> and for the present debian testing (etch), i.e. the
> upcoming stable release, there were no problems!
>
> > > (If you definitively say: no support for KDE 3.3, then
> > > this will be my last mail on this ;-)
> > Unfortunately I can't we've never decided which is the
> > last version we're supporting.
> > Anyway imo we can support any versions since the changes
> > aren't to hard to maintain.
> > >
> > > Anyway, below is the list.
> > >
> > > Best, Arnd
> > >
> > > P.S.: On a machine with newer KDE everything works fine ...
> > If you're not in a hurry I'll give it a look at it asap.
>
> It is not crucial for me as I am thinking
> of upgrading my home machine to debian testing during
> the next two weeks.
> So I am not sure it is really worth all the effort
> on your side, but at least I wanted to report this
> (so that for example you can put that requirement
> in the corresponding files/announcements ...)
>
> > I'm not sure for the visibility problem though, that could
> > be related to kde-version and/or gcc-version, and it depends
> > also on pathces applied by distro maintainers. Which version
> > of admin did you download from svn? I'm not sure you can use kde 3.5
> > one...
>
> Well, I used the scripts Fabien has put at
> http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn
> This one does use
> svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin
>
> If I remove those plugins which cause problems on KDE 3.3,
> the whole compile works fine.
Well I don't know if i can solve all the plugins, let's start
with batchprocess. It's not easy since I cannot test it for kde < 3.5
but since it was done directly into ui file i changed the offending
property to default and enabled (well disabled) into RenameImagesWidget
for kde_version >= 3.4.
Can you test the attached patch?