[Kde-imaging] current svn and old KDE

Angelo Naselli a.naselli at libero.it
Sat Dec 9 11:53:07 CET 2006

Alle 17:46, venerdì 8 dicembre 2006, Arnd Baecker ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile an svn version of digikam together
> with the svn version of kipi-plugins.
> I am running debian sarge with KDE 3.3.
>
> It seems that there are a couple of things which prevent
> compilation with KDE 3.3.
> I leave it up to you if you want to continue to support KDE 3.3.
> Presumably only debian sarge is the only "current" distribution
> around with such an old KDE?
I believe the time is over also for debian... Am I wrong or
it's going out a new stable release? ;)
> (If you definitively say: no support for KDE 3.3, then
> this will be my last mail on this ;-)
Unfortunately I can't we've never decided which is the
last version we're supporting.
Anyway imo we can support any versions since the changes
aren't to hard to maintain.

> Anyway, below is the list.
>
> Best, Arnd
>
> P.S.: On a machine with newer KDE everything works fine ...
If you're not in a hurry I'll give it a look at it asap.

I'm not sure for the visibility problem though, that could
be related to kde-version and/or gcc-version, and it depends
also on pathces applied by distro maintainers. Which version
of admin did you download from svn? I'm not sure you can use kde 3.5
one...

HTH,