[Kde-imaging] Calendar plugins > Custom days descriptions

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sun Nov 6 23:52:21 CET 2005

Op zondag 06 november 2005 23:40, schreef Maciek Borowka:
> The attached patch adds a very preliminary support for custom description
> of certain days in the calendar generator plugin. The goal is to let the
> user generate a calendar with all the local holidays, family anniversaries
> and so on.

Hi Maciek.

It is always nice to receive these kind of patches! I like the the calendar
plugin a lot, and I hope you have the time to continue to work on it!

> As you can see from the patch (calformatter.cpp around line 45), the code
> badly needs a standard description of the holidays (I don't think I can ask
> my wife to modify the cpp and recompile ;+). I was thinking about three
> possibilities:
> 1. The simplest solution : an XML file that the user can choose while
> generating the calendar.
> 2. The same, but with an iCalendar file. How to parse it?
> 3. Use DCOP and query korganizer about events and other stuff. This would
> be very cool if I only knew how to do that technicaly ;+).
>
> Your opinions on that?

The best thing to do here is to kontact the kde-pim people and ask them
advice, I will write up a message to them and ask them to crosspost this
list.

Tom
--
Prevent Repetitive Strain Injury, use RSIBreak, http://www.omat.nl