[Kde-imaging] Manipulating image data from within a KIPI plugin

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Fri May 14 10:04:14 CEST 2004

Hello,

One user of Gwenview wanted to implement hot-pixel removing in Gwenview. I
told him it would be nice to write this as a KIPI plugin, but he would like
(and I agree with him) to work directly on the image data rather than on an
image file.
This made me think we should add a way for the host app to let the plugin
access the image data. I imagine something like this:

class Interface {
  QImage& image();

  // Dirty property used by the plugin to let the host app knows it
  // modified the image data
  void setImageDirty();
  bool isImageDirty() const;
}

The only problem I see is that I'm not sure every app uses QImage to store the
loaded image. What do you think about this?