[Kde-imaging] Manipulating image data from within a KIPI plugin

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Fri May 14 13:39:02 CEST 2004

On Friday 14 May 2004 10:04, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
| Hello,
|
| One user of Gwenview wanted to implement hot-pixel removing in Gwenview. I
| told him it would be nice to write this as a KIPI plugin, but he would like
| (and I agree with him) to work directly on the image data rather than on an
| image file.
| This made me think we should add a way for the host app to let the plugin
| access the image data. I imagine something like this:
|
| class Interface {
|   QImage& image();
|
|   // Dirty property used by the plugin to let the host app knows it
|   // modified the image data
|   void setImageDirty();
|   bool isImageDirty() const;
| }
|
| The only problem I see is that I'm not sure every app uses QImage to store
| the loaded image. What do you think about this?
I do agree that it would be a good idea to have a way to tell the host
application that an image was changed, but I think it would be better simply
to let the client load the image itself.

Maybe we could add utility methods for downloading and uploading the image, if
that is the problem.

Cheers
Jesper.