[Kde-imaging] New category 'COLLECTIONSPLUGIN' ?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Wed Jun 16 09:13:36 CEST 2004

Le mercredi 16 Juin 2004 01:24, Aurelien Gateau a écrit :
> Le lundi 14 Juin 2004 18:47, Caulier Gilles a écrit :

> > > Fine by me.
> >
> > Aurelien, it's good for you ?
>
> Sorry for the delay, I'm catching up my email.
>
> I'm having difficulties to see the difference between the "Images", "Batch"
> and "Collection" categories. I think we need a clear definitions of all
> categories. Here is a draft, along with the way I think plugin should be
> grouped.

This is the actual categories associate with the plugins :

> * Import
> Plugins which get images from an external source and give them to the host
> app.
>  - acquireimage
-> tools

>  - rawconverter
-> batch(RAWbatch) and tools(RAWSingle)

> * Export
> Plugins which take a collection of images provided by the host app and
> produce something else.
>  - imagesgallery
OK

>  - mpegencoder
Batch

>  - printwizard
OK

>  - cdarchiving
OK

>  - calendar
->tools.

> * Batch processing
> Plugins which manipulate a collection of images provided by the host app.
>  - commentseditor
>  - batchprocessimages
>  - jpeglossless
-> Image
>  - timeadjust
-> Image

> * Tools
> Plugins which work with a collection of images provided by the host app,
> but do not modify the image and do not produce anything.
>  - diroperations
--> Collections

>  - sendimages
--> Images

>  - findimages
--> Collection

>  - slideshow
OK

>  - gammacalibration
OK

>  - wallpaper
--> Images

> What do you think about this?

The 'collection' category is dedicaced for the tasks based only on 'Albums'
works (diroperations for example). This concept have a sence for Digikam. For
another hosts, it's easy to merge the plugins at your conveignence.

The 'batch' category is dedicaced for the plugins who works on a group of
images at the same time...

I will try to make a plugins categories table in according with the host type.
With this, we can choise to change/merge the plugins categories if
necessary...

Regards
--
Gilles Caulier