[Kde-imaging] New category 'COLLECTIONSPLUGIN' ?

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Wed Jun 16 01:24:00 CEST 2004

Le lundi 14 Juin 2004 18:47, Caulier Gilles a écrit :
> Le lundi 14 Juin 2004 11:14, Jesper K. Pedersen a écrit :
> > On Monday 14 June 2004 11:10, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > | Hi all,
> > |
> > | I have checked all categories for all KIPI plugins. I think there is a
> > | missing category for Collections actions. This is the list :
> > |
> > | acquireimages               --> TOOLPLUGIN (no change)
> > | imagesgallery                 --> EXPORTPLUGIN (no change)
> > | wallpaper                         --> IMAGESPLUGIN (no change)
> > | commentseditor             --> BATCHPLUGIN (no change)
> > | diroperations         (*)      --> COLLECTIONSPLUGIN (actually
> > | IMAGESPLUGIN) mpegencoder                  --> BATCHPLUGIN (recently
> > | changed by me) sendimages                    --> IMAGESPLUGIN (no
> > | change) batchprocessimages      --> BATCHPLUGIN (no change)
> > | findimages            (*)       --> COLLECTIONSPLUGIN (actually
> > | IMAGESPLUGIN) jpeglossless                     --> IMAGESPLUGIN (no
> > | change) slideshow                         --> TOOLPLUGIN (no change)
> > | calendar                           --> TOOLPLUGIN (no change)
> > | gammacalibration          --> TOOLPLUGIN (no change)
> > | printwizard                       --> EXPORTPLUGIN (no change)
> > | timeadjust                        --> IMAGEPLUGIN (no change)
> > | cdarchiving                      --> EXPORTPLUGIN (no change)
> > | rawconverter                   --> TOOLPLUGIN (no change)
> > |
> > | Why this new category : for a best menu integration in the host
> > | application. Why apply this new category on 'diroperation' and
> > | 'findimage' plugins : because this plugins work on the collections not
> > | on the images directly.
> > |
> > | You viewpoints ?
> >
> > Fine by me.
>
> Aurelien, it's good for you ?

Sorry for the delay, I'm catching up my email.

I'm having difficulties to see the difference between the "Images", "Batch"
and "Collection" categories. I think we need a clear definitions of all
categories. Here is a draft, along with the way I think plugin should be
grouped.

* Import
Plugins which get images from an external source and give them to the host
app.
 - acquireimage
 - rawconverter

* Export
Plugins which take a collection of images provided by the host app and produce
something else.
 - imagesgallery
 - mpegencoder
 - printwizard
 - cdarchiving
 - calendar

* Batch processing
Plugins which manipulate a collection of images provided by the host app.
 - commentseditor
 - batchprocessimages
 - jpeglossless
 - timeadjust

* Tools
Plugins which work with a collection of images provided by the host app, but
do not modify the image and do not produce anything.
 - diroperations
 - sendimages
 - findimages
 - slideshow