[Kde-imaging] Re: Fwd: Portin questions.

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Thu Apr 29 14:51:48 CEST 2004

| > The cdarchiving plugin did seems to expect that all files for archiving
| > was located in one directory. This is not true with say KimDaBa. I fixed
| > it a number of places, but there are still some issues, e.g. in
| > cdarchiving.cpp it calls AddFolderTreeToK3bXMLProjectFile, previously
| > with a directory.
|
| Hum, CdArchiving use the « Albums library » concept -> One folder for to
| merge all Albums. Actually, Digikam use one subfolder for each album (like
| iphoto i'm think... dixit Renchi), but in the future, Digikam will
| supported subfolder (for 0.7.0).
Well its not even a matter of subfolders.
KimDaBa e.g. doesn't have the concept of albums, so there albums will be built
conceptually on the fly from browsing information.
So an album may contain images from several different folders spread out over
the harddisk.

| So, In CDarchiving, I ready for that :
|
| -> K3b XML project creation -> Save the selectied albums and the subforders
| in (backup).
I'm not sure I understand the above, but if K3b requires all files to be in
one folder, I guess the solution is to copy the files to a temp folder.

| -> HTML gallery -> just an option to enable during the process...
|
| > KIPI doesn't have a way to tell the plugins which directory a set of
| > images is in (as they might not be in a common directory), so this needs
| > to be reworked (It's your code, right, so I hope you will continue
| > feeling responsible for it even after it has moved to KIPI ;-)
|
| Sure... But, I must fix Digikam for to use LIBKIPI before...
Of course, let me know if you need any help with that process, either by email
or on IRC where you almost always can find me on #kimdaba or irc.kde.org

| > You did have CVS access to kde.org, right?
|
| Yes. My CVS name is 'cgilles'.
|
| > Finally, I've seen some plugins asking for "collection", what is that?
|
| The collection is a concept for to sort the Albums in the Digikam Albums
| library. Look the screenshoot.
Hmmm this sounds like the categories you can create in kimdaba, which we
earlier on agreed would be accessable with ImageInfo::attributes() I guess.

Thanks
Jesper