[Kde-imaging] Re: Fwd: Portin questions.

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Thu Apr 29 14:18:52 CEST 2004

Le Jeudi 29 Avril 2004 11:41, vous avez écrit :
> I never received an answer to this email, so I'm wondering if it ever made
> it to you.

I'm back... Sorry...

> I've of course forgot most of my questions by now ;-)
>
> First of all, let me give you an overview
>
> While porting I found a number of issues, I marked them all with the word
> PENDING. Searching for that word should help you find the issues. I added a
> comment telling what the issue was.

OK, I will checked that...

> Many of the issues are with the plugin expecting local files. It was
> decided to extend this to URL's in KIPI. Currently I just convert the URL
> to a local file, but at least a warning should be issued, and in long term
> the plugins should handle real URLS.

OK !

> The cdarchiving plugin did seems to expect that all files for archiving was
> located in one directory. This is not true with say KimDaBa. I fixed it a
> number of places, but there are still some issues, e.g. in cdarchiving.cpp
> it calls AddFolderTreeToK3bXMLProjectFile, previously with a directory.

Hum, CdArchiving use the « Albums library » concept -> One folder for to merge
all Albums. Actually, Digikam use one subfolder for each album (like iphoto
i'm think... dixit Renchi), but in the future, Digikam will supported
subfolder (for 0.7.0).

So, In CDarchiving, I ready for that :

-> K3b XML project creation -> Save the selectied albums and the subforders in
(backup).

-> HTML gallery -> just an option to enable during the process...

> KIPI doesn't have a way to tell the plugins which directory a set of images
>  is in (as they might not be in a common directory), so this needs to be
>  reworked (It's your code, right, so I hope you will continue feeling
>  responsible for it even after it has moved to KIPI ;-)

Sure... But, I must fix Digikam for to use LIBKIPI before...

> You did have CVS access to kde.org, right?

Yes. My CVS name is 'cgilles'.

> Finally, I've seen some plugins asking for "collection", what is that?

The collection is a concept for to sort the Albums in the Digikam Albums
library. Look the screenshoot.

regards
--
Gilles Caulier