[Kde-imaging] New design for Kipi::Interface.

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Sun Apr 25 12:25:29 CEST 2004

Le dimanche 25 Avril 2004 11:14, Jesper K. Pedersen a écrit :
> On Sunday 25 April 2004 11:09, Aurelien Gateau wrote:
> | Hi!
> |
> | Your design sounds nice to me. I was indeed thinking yesterday that the
> | design we came up on IRC was not optimal, and was thinking about
> | something using clone() methods, but using shared data would be much
> | better that my idea.
> |
> | Could we just rename the "*Host" classes to "*Shared"? This makes more
> | sense to me.
>
> The idea behind callign them host was that it would be pretty easy to
> explain to new host apps what to implement to get KIPI working for them,
> namely all apps ending in Host.
>
> I'm for sure open for a better name, but shared sounds too internal,
> doesn't it?

Not to me, but I guess it's subjective. Suffixing class names with "Host" so
that it's easier to explain how to design host apps is no good excuse for
lack of documentation :-) (I'm not saying there should be some doc already,
it's quite early for this).
The data in ImageInfoHost is shared between multiple instances of ImageInfo,
so to me it makes sense to call this ImageInfoShared.

> PS: Will you be working on KIPI today? If so, please join me on IRC

Give me the time to upgrade my box (=> busy DSL line) and have lunch, then
I'll be there.