[Kde-i18n-pt_br] Question About Header Capitalization (2nd try)

Og Maciel ogmaciel em gnome.org
Sábado Maio 3 16:46:16 CEST 2008

Hi Mauricio,

I have a lot of interest in this topic, as I would prefer to see
Brazilian Portuguese translations following a pattern of capitalizing
only the first word of a sentence, regardless if it is a menu entry or
not. I am an active member of the GNOME, XFCE, Openbox (and now KDE)
teams and have seen this first hand.

I have forwarded your original email to the GNOME Brazilian
translation team and we'll keep an eye on what other people think of
the subject. As for my oppinion, I'd like to see:

>  Save As -> Salvar como
>  Open File -> Abrir arquivo

Granted the last time I attended a Brazilian Portuguese grammar class
was many ages ago (and I've lived in the US for over 17 years now),
but I seem to remember that you only capitalize the first word of a
sentence, certains pronouns, etc. and I'd like to see it in our
translations too.

Cheers,
--
Og B. Maciel