[Kde-i18n-fa] Development, privacy, application, software, scene, modeler and debugger

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Mon May 31 21:30:59 CEST 2004

In a message dated Sunday 30 May 2004 21:47, Platoali wrote:

> On Sunday 30 May 2004 23:50, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 May 2004 07:49, Platoali wrote:
> >
> > I agree with you that barnâme-nevis is not a good translation of
> > developer, but at the same time, I don't feel excited with 'tose'e
> > dehande' either.
>
> I think it is a good meaning. and have seen in many issues many
> translators used tose_e for develop. I think it has also all the
> meanings of development.

I would just use "barname newis" here. "Tose'e dahande" is to foreign and
strange in this context. Here "developer" is meant and used in the same
meaning as "Programmer".

> > > 2. For modeler we have مدل‌گر, which is wrong. I think the correct
> > > meaning is مدل‌ساز.
> >
> > ummm, what is the difference?
>
> Simply, all Farsi users use model_saz. I think it has this reason: the
> verb we use for model is sakhtan. Usually we don't do the model. We
> build a model!!!

I agree.

> > > 3. For scene we have سکانس. The correct one is صحنه.
> >
> > scène is a french word, and is also used extensively in Farsi. I agree
> > that 'sekans' is wrong, and I also agree that 'sahne' is probably
> > correct, but given the choice between an Arabic word and a French
> > one, I don't see why we should choose the Arabic one. I prefer scene
> > to be translated just to 'sen'.
>
> sahneh is a very old and common word  in Farsi. I have some friend in my
> university studying theater. Although they use foreign words heavily in
> their language, none of them are using sen for scene.

"Sahne" is fine. "Sen" is not common as to my knowledge too.

> > > 4. We should have a separate translations for software,program and
> > > application. Sometimes application is translated to barnameh and
> > > sometimes to narmafzar. I suggest narmafzar for software and
> > > barname for application. Any suggestion for program?
> > >
> > > 5.Debug and debugger: We have tree meaning for them. 1. اشکال‌زدا
> > > 2. خطایاب
> > > 3. باگ‌زدا
> >
> > I think we should keep bug as 'bug', which means I go with bug-zodâ.
>
> I think also bug should be translated to bug.

I like "Khata" more than "bug".

> > > which one is correct?
> > >
> > > 6. Dic gives me for privacy to meaning: محرمانه‌گی and   امنیتی.
> > > which one is correct? I don't like both of them at all.
> >
> > nither do I. This is one of those words which is extensively used in
> > English language, and I have yet to find a good translation for it in
> > Farsi. Even when I am speaking Farsi, I am forced to use this word,
> > cause there is no equivalent for it, as far as I know.
>
> How about khalvat? I know it is a bit romantic. but it is the nearest
> word  to the meaning of privacy. privacy is somehow a formal word, and
> khalvat is not. just a suggestion.

"Khalvat" is certainly meaning "Privacy" but as you said in a romantic
context. But I do not have a good suggestion either.

Arash

> Best regards,
> Platoali

The FarsiKDE Project