[Kde-i18n-fa] Development, privacy, application, software, scene, modeler and debugger

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Mon May 31 20:59:57 CEST 2004

On Monday 31 May 2004 04:47, Platoali wrote:
> On Sunday 30 May 2004 23:50, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 May 2004 07:49, Platoali wrote:
> >
> > I agree with you that barnâme-nevis is not a good translation of
> > developer, but at the same time, I don't feel excited with
> > 'tose'e dehande' either.
>
> I think it is a good meaning. and have seen in many issues many
> translators used tose_e for develop. I think it has also all the
> meanings of development.

I simply think there are no better translations available, not that it
is a good one.

> > > 2. For modeler we have مدل‌گر, which is wrong. I think the
> > > correct meaning is مدل‌ساز.
> >
> > ummm, what is the difference?
>
> Simply, all Farsi users use model_saz. I think it has this reason:
> the verb we use for model is sakhtan. Usually we don't do the
> model. We build a model!!!

fair enough ! I like convincing arguments like this!

> > > 3. For scene we have سکانس. The correct one is صحنه.
> >
> > scène is a french word, and is also used extensively in Farsi. I
> > agree that 'sekans' is wrong, and I also agree that 'sahne' is
> > probably correct, but given the choice between an Arabic word and
> > a French one, I don't see why we should choose the Arabic one. I
> > prefer scene to be translated just to 'sen'.

> sahneh is a very old and common word  in Farsi. I have some friend
> in my university studying theater. Although they use foreign words
> heavily in their language, none of them are using sen for scene.

Ha?
Then am I the only one who uses sen all the time?
"bâzigarân be ru-ye sen raftand".

Neway, sahne is Arabic, but it was decided long ago that we can't
remove Arabic words from our translations. I would rather see a
Persian word here, but if there is none, then fine, go with Sahne.

> > > 4. We should have a separate translations for software,program
> > > and application. Sometimes application is translated to
> > > barnameh and sometimes to narmafzar. I suggest narmafzar for
> > > software and barname for application. Any suggestion for
> > > program?
> > >

> > > which one is correct?
> > >
> > > 6. Dic gives me for privacy to meaning: محرمانه‌گی and
> > > امنیتی. which one is correct? I don't like both of them at all.
> >
> > nither do I. This is one of those words which is extensively used
> > in English language, and I have yet to find a good translation
> > for it in Farsi. Even when I am speaking Farsi, I am forced to
> > use this word, cause there is no equivalent for it, as far as I
> > know.
>
> How about khalvat? I know it is a bit romantic. but it is the
> nearest word  to the meaning of privacy. privacy is somehow a
> formal word, and khalvat is not. just a suggestion.

I would rather see some other suggestions.

--
/* It is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it
is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a