[Kde-i18n-fa] Thesaurus

Platoali platoali at gawab.com
Sun May 30 16:27:58 CEST 2004

On Sunday 23 May 2004 08:08, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > Hi,
> > It is funny. But it seems that someone has translated
> > Merriam-Webster Thesaurus to " گنج‌های وبسترـمریم"!!!!! the file is
> > desktop-kdebase.po. anyway in another place we have "همانندیاب" what do
> > you think about "گنج‌واژه"?
>
> Please always consult the reference dictionaires to see if a chosen
> translation has reason.
> We can and should not just vote here.

Well, Merriam-Webster is a trademark. No one should translate it. and if
anyone goes to Enghelab st. s/he will sees many books that have translated
thesaurus to "Ganj_vajeh". I've also looked at my Millennium dictionary. and
saw there Ganj_vajeh.

I don't see any reason someone translate this to " گنج‌های وبسترـمریم" .

>Yes, I am right in that the translations are a mes :), but I think below
>you are referring to fuzzy strings rather than wrong translations.

most of them are fuzzy. but not all of them.

best regards
platoali