[Kde-i18n-fa] Thesaurus

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Sat May 22 15:25:36 CEST 2004

On Saturday 22 May 2004 15:42, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> On Saturday 22 May 2004 11:28, Platoali wrote:
> > Hi,
> > It is funny. But it seems that someone has translated
> > Merriam-Webster Thesaurus to " گنج‌های وبسترـمریم"!!!!! the file is
> > desktop-kdebase.po.
>
> I am pretty sure that I didn't translate this file, but I am again certain
> that I did review this file, and it wasn't as horrible as you describe!
>
> >anyway in another place we have "همانندیاب" what do you
> > think about "گنج‌واژه"?
>
>  Like it a lot!
>
> >  Arash is right. Some translations are completely a mass. Many
> > translations are wrong. Some of the them have not any relation to the
> > text. For example in the file I'm reviewing desktop-kdebase.po we can see
> > someone translated:
> > Name=Telephonebook search provider
> > to:
> > Name=فراهم کننده‌ی جستجوی تله‌تکست
> >
> > or for:
> > Name=Netcraft
> > we have:
> > Name=نت‌اسکیپ
> >
> > another one:
> > Name=LocalDomainFilter
> > translation:
> > Name=صافی‌دومین‌محلی
>
> Are these translations marked fuzzy? if yes, then it is completely possible
> that scripty translated them itself, and market them fuzzy.
>
> > Partition is translated to "قسمت".
> > Comment=Partition information
> > and:
> > Comment=اطلاعات تقسیمات
>
> What else do you want to translate partition to?
>
> > and many many more!!!!!
> >
> > I just cant imagine someone can translate like this.  Maybe
> > someone have cracked the kde cvs server!
>
> Or maybe some of us translators were smocking crack! If these are MY
> translations, then I should ask Arash and see what he put in my tea and
> coffee, which made me translate like this!
>
> > Anyway, I just wanted to check only fuzzy or untranslated part only. But
> > after seeing these. I will check all the files from the beginning to the
> > end.
>
> Yes, we ned a complete review. Check everything.
>
> >I recommend other do the same specially when checking big files with a
> > lot of fuzzy parts. I've checked 4 files till now.  Tree of them have an
> > acceptable translations. Actually they did not have any fuzzy parts. and
> > it shows that someone has checked them already. I've attached them here.
> > The fuzzy parts are my changes to the file. But the fourth  one is
> > something different. I think I should work 3 or 4 days to correct it!!!
>
> It's better to be slow but have a quality translation. The reason that the
> translation is currently so horrible, is that for KDE 3.1 we were under
> sever time constrains and pressures.
>
> > Best regards
>
> To you sir, for your enthusiasm!
>

> PS To the team: Sorry, I can't contribute to the project right now. You can
> remove my name from the translators list, put me in the "Previous
> [...]

Sorry for replying to my own post, forgot to mention this:
Please do not attach files to the ML. It's not easy for some of us to
download, and some of us just don't want to download the overhead!

Cheers

--
<!--  People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is
easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce