[Kde-i18n-fa] Translation statue

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Sun May 16 22:41:15 CEST 2004

In a message dated Sunday 16 May 2004 04:46, Platoali wrote:

> On Saturday 15 May 2004 07:57, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > This would be a good approach. One way would be to use the an online
> > database. We could for example use the "Terminology" database
> > available to registered users on amitis.org. We can create a category
> > for FarsiKDE and add new words to that category, as we move on with
> > the translation. The admin needs to approve those words.
>
> IMHO having an online dictionary is good.  but I like when I translate,
> have something on my desktop. after all internet is not a cheap service
> in Iran. Can we download the dictionary from Armitis?

I am getting confused:
1. If the dictionary is not online, how can other people add to it?
2. If you need something on your desktop, why not use KBabel's dictionary?

I have done a lot of consistency review and the KBabel dictionary is in a
much better state, and can be used.
The only thing is, if you encounter an inconsistency, just report it to the
list, have a discussion and once it is decided which translation to take,
then make a consistency check for that word and correct it everywhere.

> How about the dictanary engine that tuxigen have writen. Can't we use
> that engine for these purpose?

It is fine, if you port a dictionary to it. But then why not just use
KBabel's, which you can also use from within KBabel itself?

Greetings,
Arash

> best regards
> platoali