[Kde-i18n-fa] Translation statue

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Sat May 15 05:27:54 CEST 2004

Sorry for the delay. I was cut off from the Internet for the past few days.

In a message dated Monday 10 May 2004 14:53, Platoali wrote:

> On Monday 10 May 2004 01:32, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > I have been thinking about the coordination issue and it is really
> > difficult to manage and distribute the consistency review work between
> > several people.
> > I need a little time to find out how this can be done. I will get back
> > to you within the next day in this regard.
> >
> > BTW: I have not been sitting idle. I have reviewed and changed many
> > inconsistencies. But the work needs still to go on. That's why I am so
> > recentfull against "just translating". The review work after is really
> > hard.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Arash
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong. Every file added to cvs will cause the database
> grow itself automaticly. So if a file with inconsistent material is
> added to the cvs, its inconsistency will be added to the database too.
> So when the translation began in near future. with every file added to
> the cvs there is possibility of ruining the  efforts till now.

You are exactly right.

> Is there any way to have more static database.  I mean someone  approve
> the entries before they are added to the database. One other simple
> solution is that we build a simple dictionary or glossary by hand and
> give this text file to every translator.

This would be a good approach. One way would be to use the an online
database. We could for example use the "Terminology" database available to
registered users on amitis.org. We can create a category for FarsiKDE and
add new words to that category, as we move on with the translation.
The admin needs to approve those words.

Arash

> having a simple text glossary have another advantage: we can show our
> translation of terms to the experts(linguists and ...) and ask them
> their opinions.
>

> best regards
> platoali

The FarsiKDE Project