[Kde-i18n-fa] Translation statue

Platoali platoali at gawab.com
Mon May 10 23:53:49 CEST 2004

On Monday 10 May 2004 01:32, Arash Zeini wrote:
> I have been thinking about the coordination issue and it is really
> difficult to manage and distribute the consistency review work between
> several people.
> I need a little time to find out how this can be done. I will get back to
> you within the next day in this regard.
>
> BTW: I have not been sitting idle. I have reviewed and changed many
> inconsistencies. But the work needs still to go on. That's why I am so
> recentfull against "just translating". The review work after is really
> hard.
>
> Thanks,
> Arash

Correct me if I'm wrong. Every file added to cvs will cause the database grow
itself automaticly. So if a file with inconsistent material is added to the
cvs, its inconsistency will be added to the database too. So when the
translation began in near future. with every file added to the cvs there is
possibility of ruining the  efforts till now.

Is there any way to have more static database.  I mean someone  approve the
entries before they are added to the database. One other simple solution is
that we build a simple dictionary or glossary by hand and give this text file
to every translator.

having a simple text glossary have another advantage: we can show our
translation of terms to the experts(linguists and ...) and ask them their
opinions.

best regards
platoali