[Kde-i18n-fa] Translation statue

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Wed May 5 11:41:51 CEST 2004

In a message dated Sunday 02 May 2004 00:06, Platoali wrote:

> On Sunday 02 May 2004 01:00, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > I have been working on KDE and the work is still going on. This is a
> > very slow process because it is not easy to find the inconsistencies
> > and it is even slower to remove them all.
> >
> > The main problem is that no single translator seems ever to have
> > looked at the translation database for consistency issues.
> >
> > I will for sure inform all once I have the feeling that a basic
> > consistency is given. And we have to be very restrictive in order to
> > avoid such a mess as we have it now.
>
> I know it is a very hard and slow process. But we are losing time. It
> should be some way to share this task with others. Just remember  the
> release of 3.2. We did not do anything and no one did translate
> anything.I know that your time is very limited. You don't have to do all
> things by yourself. We should began to gather some good translators. I
> think sharing will be good starting point. Another two advantages are
> that: Tasks will be finished more rapidly.
>  And the community will get stronger and more stable. Up until now all
> the thing were on your and a few others people shoulders. So when you or
> the others left or become inactive all of your efforts will be lost. We
> need an active community.
>
> best regards
> platoali

Dear Ali,

I appreciate your view and engagement. And I mostly agree with you. But it
is not my job to build up the community. The project is open and people
are welcome to contribute.
The problem however is that we need to maintain a certain quality and
consistency.
We have had translators who left the project and all they did was to
contribute a bunch of inconsistencies into the project by refusing to
followup on the guidelines. More specifically by not using the
translations database.
Admittedly the translations database had already a bunch of inconsistencies
in it, but that was not the problem. The problem is that people seem not
be able to agree on a standard. And this might not be even their problem,
but the problem of our language. Whatever that be.

If you are willing to do pure consistency checks, you and everybody else
are most welcome to join the task with me.

Greetings,
Arash

--
The FarsiKDE Project