[Kde-i18n-fa] Re: [Sysadmin] KDE Translators Center : FARSI vs.PERSIAN

Arash Partow arash at partow.net
Mon Jan 12 02:37:48 CET 2004

> > About standards, it should be noted that ISO-639 recognizes
> > the name of this language as both, Persian, and Farsi.

 the "fa" in the standard as is defined by the 639 standard represents
the local phonetic pronunciation of the language as is defined via the
IPA (international phonetic alphabet)

I don't think this in any way infers that they accept Farsi as being
representative of the language spoken by Iranians, however this is
up for debate, the point I was trying to make is what "fa" really means
in the 639 standard.

Regards

Arash

PS: I think thomas was a little harsh