[Kde-i18n-fa] re: some problems

Ali Yazdy platoali at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 12:57:38 CEST 2003

Arian wrote:

Cache (and not cash) is translated as zaghe. I like
it, as does other
translators. What's wrong with it?

Again, if you don't like it, I guess you should
complain to
who-ever-wrote-that-dictionary.

Remember that as long as there is a word in the Kbabel
dictionary, you
should
follow it, for the sake of consistency. If each
translator chooses
his/her
own word, the end result would be a fiasco.

 dear Arian
sorry for misspelling. I don't know if this word has
been discussed before or not. but first I think to use
the word cache itself in translation will not be a
great sin, but if we insist to use a Farsi word it
would be better to use a meaningful word. Imagine  a
user that has some experience in working with Englilsh
 environments before. when he/she sees the farsikde,
how the hell he can  guess the meaning of zaghe is
cache? but I will change the translation to zaghe
anyway.

thanks for other information that you have gave me.

another thing, Arash, did you get the mail that I have
send you? shall I continue or not?

thanks again
platoali