[Kde-i18n-fa] some problems

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Fri Oct 10 14:22:48 CEST 2003

On Friday 10 October 2003 08:42, Ali Yazdi wrote:
> well, After reviewing my last comments in this mailing list. I think guys
> like Arian have right to get angry.

First of all, my name is "Aryan" (yeah I know, I sound like a freak, but I am
keen on this, it's my name after all :-). Secondly, I didn't get angry at
all. Why does everyone feel I am angry whenever I broke in to a discussion/
conversation? It's a technical debate for god's sake, we are here to defend
our points of view.

Your comments were very productive, it made us have a look again at the path
the project is going. Wether it is wrong or right is debatable, Arash Partow
thinks it is not correct, I think given the circumstances it's pretty good.

People have different view about different things, and it's in the nature of
human beings to debate with each other, defend their POVs, and in the end,
choose the way that most people agree on. (democracy).

People are different. That's how human beings have been able to improve in the
history, by being different, and by thinking in different ways. That's the
whole point about evoloution.

> I was trying to change rules and
> regulations that have exist and work here for a while.

Maybe they should be changed? no one says that rules are here forever. Maybe
the whole project was in the wrong track?

Currently, I feel the rules are justified. It's my opinion. If you feel they
are not, then let's discuss them.

The FarsiKDE project, started with the mind set, to make a easy to use, and
satisfactory desktop environment for Iranians. We like to use as many Farsi
words as possible, but at the same time, users familiarity with the word also
counts. We should be able to find a balance here.

One thing which I have always wondered about Arash Partow for example, is that
whenever he complains about something, mostly he is right, but he doesn't
give a soloution to problem.

He and you, say that zaghe, or kashe, or whatever, are not good translations
for cache. you say they are not familiar to users, and users don't get their
meaning.

I say, most of the windows users even don't know the meaning of cache. and for
them, zaghe, or kashe, is both, more natural, and more logical, than using
the word cache itself.

> I don't know these
> are right or wrong .

There is no right or wrong here. It all comes down to our opinion.

>but I  do not have the right. knowlage or experiance
> to judge about them.

Let me set the record straight here.

As a FarsiKDE developer, you do have the right to question the rules, and even
the objectives of the project. You also have the right to critisize who ever
you feel like is not worthy for the project, and what ever decision you feel
is wrong.

Everyone has these rights. It's open source after all.

Arash Partow made a point about how our project is similar to BSD. (he was
reffering to the fact that traditionaly, BSD was closed to outsiders, and
requests from outsiders didn't find their way into the project, and how in
the end, they get into a nasty flamewar with each other, and broke off). I on
the other hand, see no similarity here. Why does Arash see FarsiKDE as a
close project is a mystery to me. I feel like it is a true democracy here.

Everyone does have the right to question everything, even the existence of the
project.

>I will try to have a more productive manner in this
> list from now on.

You have been productive. I appluad your efforts to consult a linguist.

> sorry

Dont' say sorry, when you have nothing to apologize for.

> platoali

Cheers

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a