[Kde-i18n-fa] some problems

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Sun Oct 5 14:43:31 CEST 2003

On Saturday 04 October 2003 20:39, Ali Yazdi wrote:
> On Saturday 04 October 2003 11:28, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 October 2003 21:06, Ali Yazdi wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > can anybody help me finding some translation for these words.
> > > binary, printcap, overrideand scheduler. any suggestion will be
> > > appreciated
> >
> > binary: dodoyi/دودویی
>
> I don't like translating familiar English words for Farsi users to s, what
> do the others think of translating  binary to binary.

binary is dodoyi. I think dodoyi is also familiar

> > printcap: chaap_kolaah چاپ‌کلاه
>
> By the way what is printcap. I've not heard about it at all. Maybe this way
> we can find some good translation for it.

chap kolah IS a good translaion for it. why do you think otherwise.

> > override and scheduler: ??? context ???
>
> At the moment I have translated override to kenar gozashtan and I know it
> is not a good one.

yeah, it's a so so one. But a guess any persian english dictionary could
supply you with good translations for it.

> And for scheduler barnameh asly or marja

in linux kernel scheduler is barname asli, but that's not it's meaning,
scheduler means tanzim konande.

>but I have put
> the original
> word besides them.

It's not acceptable. specially if the word is used in the GUI.

> and please some suggestion for keep alive, I have translated it faal baghy
> mandan or zendeh gozashtan. but it seams the meaning is not correct.

It seems fine to me. give us the sentence, to see wether the translation fits
or not.

> does  directive mean dastoor or not?

rahyanamyi?

> and banner  alamat or something else.

ummmm, i think so. anyone else with a better one?

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a