[Kde-i18n-fa] some problems

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Sat Oct 4 13:56:08 CEST 2003

On Saturday 04 October 2003 09:45, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Friday 03 October 2003 03:55, Arash Partow wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > >I've seen another strange word in the dictionary "bitnaghs" for bitmap.
> > >sounds good, but isn't bitmap a standard name and I don't know,maybe
> > >property of an organization or company. should we translate these names
> > >to Farsi.

ٌWell, as others noted, bitmap is not a registered trademark, so it is
translateable. Bitnaghsh was my idea, and it was used, simply because no
better translation was suggested at the time. Now bitnegash sounds fine, but
doe we really need to change it? I mean what is the different between
bitnaghsh and bit negasht?

As for cache, I liked 'zaghe' (it sounded hackish) but I can see that there is
a problem when it is used as verb. So Arash Z's suggesiton to use kashe
should be fine.

And I also don't think we should translate bit. dogoone is not bad, but it is
LONG. Do you know why they started using 'bit' instead of 'binary digit' ?
because binary digit was long, and bit was short, and cute. petit, you can
say. dogoone is not petit, so I don't like it.

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a