[Kde-i18n-fa] header

Ali Yazdi platoali at gawab.com
Tue Nov 18 08:58:51 CET 2003

On Tuesday 18 November 2003 11:38, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Friday 14 November 2003 16:28, Ali Yazdi wrote:
> > Hi
> > 1. dictionary suggest me for header sar_ayand. what a strange word!
> > Can we change it simply to kalleh. sounds better.
>
> Sarayand is given in our reference HCI dictionary and Kalle is too
> "roozmareh".
> I vote against a change.

I know kalle is bit common but  the user will understand it. it is  famillar
word and  a person that did not work with an email program will understand it
and know where to look in a message.

> One translation given for thread is "reshteh", with which I tend to agree
> because we use it in Farsi as well: "Reshteye kalaam az dast...". Verb:
> "reshteh kon" ??? "reshteh saazi"???

"reshteh" is good, I like it. "reshteh kardan" is better than "reshteh
sakhtan". reshteh sakhtan in somehow an intransitive verb, it hase it's
object in it, "reshteh". we can not use it for "thread the messages"

platoali