[Kde-i18n-fa] play

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Wed Nov 12 13:18:34 CET 2003

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 13:34, Ali Yazdi wrote:

> It seems funny but what do others translate play!! I don't mean game,
> but play when we play a CD. It is the word that we use at least ten
> times a day. it is a bit strange that we do  not have any farsi word for
> it. I have translated it to ejra kardan. but the problem is that it is
> also the same for run. and it can cause problem for translating
> CD-player.

"Pakhsh kardan" is one alternative. Don't let yourself be confused by
English, try to think in Farsi. CD-Player = dastgahe pakhshe CD (for
example) or simply dastgahe CD

> system tray: does it mean sini system or not?

It kind of is. I think this is OK since we have already translated tray as
"sini".

> Mixer: I have translate it to Amizande. what do the other think?

Not sure, I personally don't like it very much.

> ceredit: when we name the persons who have cnotribute to a project. what
> is the farsi equivalant of it?

"Ghadr dani" or "sepass gozari"

> what do others translate port as a verb. for example porting to
> solarise.

"Tabdil" ?

Greetings,
Arash