[Kde-i18n-fa] KDE scripts

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Wed May 14 16:52:30 CEST 2003

Hi,

I mentioned scripts that add fuzzies to the translations and received the
following question:

> Arash what does this script's do ? check translated files ? how ?
> where i can found one of this so i can check it and translate in
> that way they like ! :)

I have not reviewed the scripts myself, but they reside on the KDE development
servers and perform their job on a daily basis and the process is like this:

Before a message freeze, i.e. during the development time, developers keep
changing i18n() strings which are used to generate the .pot files from the
source code. These .pot files are then compared to the .po files. If needed
adjustments are done to the .po files according to the .pot files. And every
message that had changed in the source and .pot files or every message that
was moved around during this process is then marked as fuzzy.
The scripts perform a very good job, but they nerve :)

Greetings,
Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project