[Kde-i18n-fa] Review process

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Thu May 15 10:37:23 CEST 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 02:10, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> > KWord is yours for review.
> >
> > > I can take care of Kspread , if no one still take it .
> >
> > If you are talking about the review, yes, KSpread is yours.
> >
> > But let us first find a way how we can optimize the review process.
> > Don't just jump in please.
> >
> > The topic is on for discussion and suggestions!
>
> What's in your mind?

I would like to make sure that the translation database is used and that each
reviewer has a good sense and "memory" of the past translations.

I think there are three main issues while reviewing:

- Consistency
- Quality of translations
- Spellchecking and related issues, like use of pseudo space, punctuation...

No. 2 and 3 are not a big problem in that they can be viewed as complete in
themselves. These points don't really relate to individual translations of
the same word or phrase.
But consistency check is different, because we have to make sure that we are
aware of the past translations. The use of the translation database and the
find function in the catalog manager of KBabel are very important.

I request also all to take a look at the following article by Iraj Kaboli:
http://www.linguism.org/wordseams-new.htm

Without knowing this article and on a different level of expertise, we have
kind of been following his rules. And who doesn't know what the pseudo space
is (Shift+Space) will know after reading this article.

As a followup on Abbas's suggestion of using pure Farsi words, I will try also
to contact Mr. Kaboli. We can use his help.

Other thoughts or suggestions?

Arash

--
The FarsiKDE Project