[Kde-i18n-fa] Instructions

Ali Bahar kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:10:38 -0500

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 04:52:24PM +0200, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> On Friday 28 March 2003 00:32, Ali Bahar wrote:

> > A typical printer comes with fonts pre-loaded.
>
> I don't know how printings work, but I don't think that one shall install
> fonts in the printing system. Atleast, that's the impression I get, after

To illustrate, ghostscript comes with its own fonts. Else it would not,
to my knowledge/recollection, know how to draw them.

A postscript file does not carry any font descriptions, only font
names. So someone (the postscript printer, or the preview utility) has
to have the font descriptions. I suppose the previewer could get them
from the system, but I seem to recall ghostscript having its own
fonts.

A non-postscript printer will typically receive only job description
commands, along with the job data. From thereon, it has to use its
loaded fonts to actually do the font rendering.

> Still, I might be missing something here.

Me, too.

regards,
ali
--