[Kde-i18n-fa] Instructions

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:52:24 +0200

On Friday 28 March 2003 00:32, Ali Bahar wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 08:43:48PM +0200, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > On Sunday 23 March 2003 20:03, Ali Naddaf wrote:
> > > print preview, I only see the English portion and the Persian portion
> > > is not present.
> >
> > very serious problem, one which hasn't been investigated at all. I also
> > checked printing to a PostScript file using KEdit, and you are right, no
>
> (Belated response, but ... )
> Should not the printer (real or virtual, as in the case of a Print
> Preview) need to have the relevant fonts as well?
> A typical printer comes with fonts pre-loaded.

I don't know how printings work, but I don't think that one shall install
fonts in the printing system. Atleast, that's the impression I get, after
reading answers to my question in the kde-devel mailing list.

Still, I might be missing something here.

Cheers

--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */