[Kde-i18n-fa] Two questions

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 18:14:30 +0200

On Friday 28 March 2003 17:58, Hamid Nouri wrote:

> Yes I had got the fa.messages. But I want to know is
> it possible to make translation database in RedHat?
> Because updating whole of this file is sometimes
> difficult.
> I installed Arial & linuxTahoma on my machine and
> changed keyboard layout and now I'm able to write
> Farsi characters and numbers, but I still have a
> problem. When I try to configure dictionary (PO
> Compendium) inside the kbabel, kbabel crashes. I have
> to open kbabel dictionary and search words in it.

Well, I really don't know what redhat is doing to KDE. Actually, (they admit)
that they don't have a KDE hacker anymore. So they themselves do not do what
they are doing to KDE applications. As all their employees are Gnome hackers.

Is it posiible to have a good KBabel on RedHat? Yes you shall install a true
KDE (not redhat's partial KDE) on RedHat. That means you shall either use
binaries (welcome to rpm dependency hell) or compile KDE your self. Then you
shall configure your system to have two KDEs at the same time. Personally I
don't recommend any of these, specially if you haven't installed KDE this way
before.

Just next time, when you want to upgrade your distro, pay attention that
redhat is not the only distro. (The was once a slang, called
redhat-is-not-linux :-)

Cheers

--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */