[Kde-i18n-fa] Two questions

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:50:34 +0200

On Friday 28 March 2003 14:37, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Friday 28 March 2003 16:47, Hamid Nouri wrote:

> > Arash and Aryan wrote that we use the following
> > scheme:
> > "word, next word"
> > I couldn't understand  where we must use this scheme.
> > I opened kbabel and surfied many translated po files
> > bout I couldn't find something like this. let me know
> > what does this mean.
>
> You should use this scheme whenever you need to use a comma.

Yup, This means that whenever you want to put a comma (or a smeicolon or a
dot) in your translation, it should be near it's previous word, and there
should be one space, between a comma and the next word. Look at the way I am
writing this paragraph, and you will get the idea.

> > And  Aryan wrote that:
> > "Please also NEVER use Parentheses ()"
> > Somewhere in msgid we have parentheses, What we shall
> > do in these cases?
>
> Try to avoid the parenthesis in your translation if possible. There are
> some bugs that breake the correct rendering of sentences, if there are any
> parenthesis near numbers and punctuations. So if you can avoid them it is
> better, if not let them there and we hope that this bug gets fixed soon.

Use as less parantheses as possible. Unfortunately, there is a bug, which
makes sentences with parantheses broken. If the original english message does
have parantheses, don't put parantheses in your translation, as long as
KBabel doesn't show it as a faulty string. If it shows it as a faulty string,
then put the parantheses in it's right place.

BTW, were you able to setup KBabel Dictionary using PO Compendium, with the
URL that Arash gave? And have you changed your keyboard layout, so that you
can type farsi numbers?

Cheers
--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */