[Kde-i18n-fa] Instructions

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:43:48 +0200

On Sunday 23 March 2003 20:03, Ali Naddaf wrote:

> I downloaded the OKOffice 1.2 and now the formatting is working fine. I
> have to look and see if I can figure out what is wrong with my KEdit.

Great! so KOffice is working for you.

BTW, The version of KEdit which I are using is 1.3
Check your version, although I guess if you got it with KDE 3.1, then the
version of KEdit should be 1.3 by default.

> One more question for the team: how can I print a text which has Persian
> scripts? When I try to print it in KOffice, or even if I just look at the
> print preview, I only see the English portion and the Persian portion is
> not present.

I have to admit, that nither me, nor any other member of the project never
tried printing. Maybe that was because we don't have printers. But this is a
very serious problem, one which hasn't been investigated at all. I also
checked printing to a PostScript file using KEdit, and you are right, no
farsi character is shown. I will discuss this in the KDE-Devel mailing list,
and if neccessary, will file a bug for it. And I will keep the mailing list,
updated on the outcome of my discussion in kde-devel mailing list. Thanks for
the report.

Cheers

--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */