[Kde-i18n-fa] Instructions

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:10:08 +0200

On Saturday 22 March 2003 22:52, Ali Naddaf wrote:
> =D9=91Aryan,
> I found out that KEdit is behaving differently compared to KMail or
> KOffice; in fact I can write in Persian using the MS Arial Unicode in tho=
se
> two but not in KEdit; is there something special about KEdit that needs to
> be done?

You are the first person, reporting such a strange behaviour in KEdit. KEdi=
t=20
was the first application in which, we were able to type in farsi, and to=20
answer your question, no, There isn't anything special about KEdit. =20

> One other question: KOffice formating doesn't seem to respect the Persian;
> for example, it starts from the left sided of the screen and pushes
> characters to the right, regardless of what I choose in the alignment
> settings. Is that expected? What editor do you guys recommend?

KOffice 1.1 didn't support right to left typing. from 1.2, you can type fro=
m=20
right to left very nicely. just typing in farsi, will jumb the curser to th=
e=20
right of the page. Check wether you use 1.2

If you -are- using 1.2, then I really think that there is something wrong w=
ith=20
your KDE installation. How did you install KDE? Did you conpile it yourself=
,=20
or did you use pre compiled binaries? if you used binaries, can you please=
=20
double check the version of your qt library? it should be 3.1.1, not 3.0

Cheers
=2D-=20

/* Those who do not understand Unix=20
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */
                                         -UNDEAD Evil GNU/Linux
Aryan Ameri