[Kde-i18n-fa] Instructions

Ali Naddaf kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:52:57 -0600

=D9=91Aryan,
I found out that KEdit is behaving differently compared to KMail or KOffice=
;=20
in fact I can write in Persian using the MS Arial Unicode in those two but=
=20
not in KEdit; is there something special about KEdit that needs to be done?

I downloaded and tried the LinuxTahoma fonts. Since I mainly use English=20
character set, that font doesn't look as good as the other ones, so I=20
switched back to the Arial.

One other question: KOffice formating doesn't seem to respect the Persian; =
for=20
example, it starts from the left sided of the screen and pushes characters =
to=20
the right, regardless of what I choose in the alignment settings. Is that=20
expected? What editor do you guys recommend?

Thanks for the great work that everyone has done,
Ali.