[Kde-i18n-fa] God's Own OS [ was: translating ]

Ali Bahar kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:56:14 -0500

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:38:38PM +0200, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 March 2003 22:59, Ali Bahar wrote:
> > --
> >       Debian GNU/Linux: God's Own OS!
>
> You remember, when we all used to use RedHat Linux, and you also ( for what
> ever reason ) pretended to use RedHat? And then suddenly one day, you told me

I've never installed redhat at _home_. Prior to debian, I had slackware
-- years ago.

Redhat's fine, and I'm not particular about any distro. Debian just
has an edge for developers, that's all.

> I will always be thankfull to you Ali, for that advice of yours. But here is

Thanks. I'll pass this on to the person who introduced _me_ to debian.

> now my advice, if you have a high speed internet access, give Gentoo a try.

My policy towards this is like that towards gnome/kde: I don't need
them. They're great and everything, but I really don't have the
time. I have enough things on my schedule as it is, that i have to
look at everything subject to this citerion: does the time spent, have
sufficient returns to justify it? ... Right now, very few things pass
that test.
E.g. I just finally finished doing the last cleanups for a disk crash I had
about a year ago. It takes a long time to manually verify salvaged
files. I spent only occasional time on it over the last year.

I'll try to install kde on my second box at home. But my Farsi is not
so good that I could actually help in translation. Nonetheless, ....

thanks,
ali
--
            Big: The Correct Endian