[Kde-i18n-fa] please help me!

hamid nouri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:06:28 -0800 (PST)

--0-154804293-1047830788=:26895

Hi,
I have some problems with file sharing in network:
the first probles is with Samba,
Can you tell me how I can share Linux client files in a Windows 2000 Advanced Server based network. I configure /etc/samba/smb.conf, then I start Samba Server successfully. Linux shared files with Samba is accesible with loopback address. I can join the domain with this command:
smbpasswd -R WINS -j domainname -U Administrator -r win2000server
I restart Samba daemons in order for the server to register itself with WINS, but in WINS manager in windows 2000 nothing apears. I add Samba server into Windows 2000 DNS too.
another problem with NFS,
I configure a file server in a Linux machine, (I think all configuration files such as hosts, hosts.allow, hosts.deny exports are ok).
I execute portmap and then
rpc.nfsd
rpc.lockd
rpc.statd
rpc.mountd
rpc.rquotad
Everything work correctly, but when I want to mount a shared directories into my client machine, an error rise up that : failed RPC.
But when I look at the server with ps, I see the portmap is runnig.
What can caused this error? and what I should do?
thanks for your helps
H. Nouri