[Kde-i18n-fa] please help me!

Ali Bahar kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:36:40 -0500

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 08:06:28AM -0800, hamid nouri wrote:
> Hi,
> I have some problems with file sharing in network:

Off-topic, but I don't think anyone would mind. :-) We can take it
off-list if needed.

> the first probles is with Samba,
> Can you tell me how I can share Linux client files in a Windows 2000
> Advanced Server based network. I configure /etc/samba/smb.conf, then
> I start Samba Server successfully. Linux shared files with Samba is
> accesible with loopback address. I can join the domain with this

Ha! Loopback! I don't know what you mean here.

> command:
> smbpasswd -R WINS -j domainname -U Administrator -r win2000server

I don't know what, if anything, there is specific to a win2k "Advanced
Server". AFAIK, none!

I'm no samba expert, but I've set up basic authenticated shares
between linux/freebsd and windoze -- win9x and win2k machines. It all
depends on the content of your smb.conf file, of course. SO why don't
you post the relevant parts for us.

BTW, depending on the authentication setup, you might not need to run
smbpasswd.

> another problem with NFS,

Sorry. I've tried this only once, unsuccessfully. But it should be far
simpler.

> I configure a file server in a Linux machine, (I think all
> configuration files such as hosts, hosts.allow, hosts.deny exports
> are ok).

that's what we always think! ;-)

> I execute portmap and then
> rpc.nfsd
> rpc.lockd
> rpc.statd
> rpc.mountd
> rpc.rquotad

I trust you're not _manually_ running these! ;-)

> Everything work correctly, but when I want to mount a shared
> directories into my client machine, an error rise up that : failed
> RPC.

yeah I got a similar/same problem.

> But when I look at the server with ps, I see the portmap is runnig.

If you're not in a hurry, I can try this locally next Saturday and let
you know. It's one of those things which I need to solve for myself
anyways. :-)

I am not going to be around much longer today. If your samba's not
fixed by tomorrow, I can look at your file then.

--
Confuscius say-"Man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake
         with smelly finger".