[Kde-i18n-fa] Our Situation

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:21:21 +0200

On Sunday 16 March 2003 15:50, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Sunday 16 March 2003 16:35, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:

> > > You sure didn't forget those little ( and sometimes big files ) which
> > > aren't in a directory, and are at the same level as kdelibs like
> > > cupsdconf. Did you?
> >
> > I did! There is some other little files needs to be translated for
> > example koffice base files and kpim base files, including some hundred
> > strings. But I think we should  go through the big ones and get a basic
> > plan. and put the smallones to when we get warm!
>
> I agree too.
> I even suggest that we skip kspread for now. We can always translate more
> if we have time ;)

=D9=91 I agree with the plan to skip little files ( or those that are't rea=
lly=20
important ) for now. But in my category, kspread is more important than=20
kpresenter. But surely non of them is as important as kword and kmail.

BTW, in my university, to demonstrate algorithms and to draw flowcharts,=20
people use M$ Visio and they have it installed in computer labs. I have to=
=20
admit that it's feature rich, but like all other M$ office programs, it's=20
bloated. even our lecturer doesn't know what all those icons are for. anywa=
y,=20
as I couldn't run M$ Visio on my GNU/Linux machine, I was hopelessly=20
searching for an alternative to it on GNU/Linux. and guess what, I suddenly=
=20
found out that I already have a very good flowchat dawing program on my=20
computer, and it's called Kivio which is part of KOffice.=20

Kivio is indeed a very nice tool. working with it is a charm, and it is wel=
l=20
designed and easy to use. It is not as feature rich as M$ Visio, but I=20
couldn't find anything which I couldn't do with Kivio. just imagine how hap=
py=20
I became, when I found out that I already have such a good GPL program=20
installed in my computer. This I call, is the power of KDE and Linux, or as=
 I=20
call it, the power of KGX ( KDE on GNU/Linux ).

I intend to do a demo of Kivio in calss, and impress everyone, including my=
=20
lecturer. I bet they will all be jealous !!! :-D

Cheers
=2D-=20
/* Those who do not understand Unix=20
are condemned to reinvent it, poorly=20