[Kde-i18n-fa] groupware, spam, ham and bug

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Wed Dec 24 00:50:01 CET 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 11:17, Platoali wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 December 2003 02:28, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > First of all, how many times should we go over this?
>
> It is not definitely dead topic (not in this mailing list and many
> other places). for example I still believe that we should not try
> translate some terms. but as for as majority of persons in this list
> believe in translating, I'm doing it for consistency.

It's not that we belive we should translate everything.

I also don't see it as a dead issue. But as you mention, we are going in
this route, because we have been unable to find any better route.

This is not just an issue with FarsiKDE, this is an issue with the whole
Iranian IT industry, and indeed with the whole non-English speaking
computer industry.

The right attitude, as always is to find the balance. Here finding the
balance means translating in such a manner that is underestood by most
of the people, and is generaly accepted by everyone.

> I have tried to
> find a linguist but as Arash have mentioned it was not usefull.
>
> I don't want to open the discussion again. if you think you have the
> knowledge or know someone who can help us (for example a linguist)
> give your 2 cent (as arian said!), if not please do what the others
> are doing.
>
> > Everyone new to the list: Yeah you are welcome to sugegst and
> > improve, but please read the archives, and see what we have been
> > talking before you start making your suggestions.
> >

> > I saw spam translated in BBC Persian as Harz Nameh هرز نامه
>
> harz name is good.

/*  Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, etc are all loans from the public
domain. They are not a property ('intellectual' or otherwise.) */