[Kde-i18n-fa] translation rules

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Mon Apr 28 14:07:19 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 00:48, Zoup wrote:
> > No, not at all.
> > I think: even though we have names for some of the symbols and can
>
> translate
>
> > those, we have to consider that they all appear in a dropdown box.
> > Since a lot of these symbols are not translateable, I would prefer
> > not to mis
>
> Farsi
>
> > and English in a dropdown box. It will look and behave nasty.
> > I suggest not to translate these symbol names and to keep them in
> > English
>
> for
>
> > now.
> >
> > Feedback?
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Arash
> > --
>
> you mean , all the symbols ? some of them
> are translatable and some are'nt .
> "sqsubseteq"  can translated to "tavalie zir majmoee mosavi"
> "swarrow" maybe means " south west arrow " .
> but "nlegg" mean nothing , so I translate it to itself .
> it is ok in this way ? :) thanks :)

No Arash means that because some of them are not translateable, and some
are, therefore mixing farsi and english words together in a menu isn't
good. Therefore do not translate any of them.

However I perosnally would like to see them in action. After all arash,
maybe mixing farsi and english wouldn't be that bad? IANAL though

Cheers

--
/* Mom, I'm not viewing porn late at night; really,
I'm just at slashdot, reading myself blind */