[Kde-i18n-fa] Hi

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Fri Apr 25 23:03:00 CEST 2003

On Friday 25 April 2003 20:41, A. R. M. wrote:

> : > I'd suggest you use just "daryaaft" and "ersaal."
> : > But I'd even go further to suggest you find the true Persian
> :
> : equivalent of
> :
> : > "ersaal" because ersaal is Arabic.
> :
> : I second this translation as "daryaft" and "ersaal". Please leave
> : the box part
> : out, otherwise the string will be just too long for KMail as an
> : application.
> : We can also use "worood" and "khorooj" but I personally like the first
> : alternative more.
> : As to Arabic, I have to pass on this one. Ferestadaan would be an
> : option but
> : does not do the same as ersaal.
>
> Do you think "vorood" and "khorooj" should be reserved for "enter" and
> "exit" respectively?
> I'm sure they'd be used somewhere.

Vorood and khorooj are actually not good at all. It was just a suggestion,
more to show that daryaft and ersaal are better.

> Maybe "vaaredaat" and "saaderaat" instead.  :))

They are used for Import and export of files.

> That'd give it some pizzaz too. :)
>
> You know, I haven't worked in an office environment in Iran, but what are
> the inbox and outbox trays called there?

I think, they are usually referred to as voroodi and khorooji or something
similar.
Anyhow, daryaaft and ersall seem to be the translations to go with. Ofcourse
only if everyone agrees.

Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project