[Kde-i18n-fa] Hi

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Fri Apr 25 20:27:48 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I am back from Hamedan. It was fun :)

I have no idea what you all agreed upon, but just so there is no confusion
here:

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 19:14, A. R. M. wrote:

> |I want some suggestions again!
> |I want to use...
> |"jabeye daryaft" for "Inbox"
> |"jabeye ersal" for "outbox"
>
> I'd suggest you use just "daryaaft" and "ersaal."
> But I'd even go further to suggest you find the true Persian equivalent of
> "ersaal" because ersaal is Arabic.

I second this translation as "daryaft" and "ersaal". Please leave the box part
out, otherwise the string will be just too long for KMail as an application.
We can also use "worood" and "khorooj" but I personally like the first
alternative more.
As to Arabic, I have to pass on this one. Ferestadaan would be an option but
does not do the same as ersaal.

> |about CC and BCC
> |cc is courtesy copy which means "copie moaddabane!!" (in a bad
> | translation) in the oxford pocket dictionary, there is an idiom: "by
> | courtesy of" that is "with the favour
> |
> |or permision of"...
> |I suggest to use "copie post" for "CC" and "copy post penhan" for "BCC"
> | (blinde
> |
> |courtesy copy) as we used "post" for mail
>
> Actually, CC stands for Carbon Copy and BCC for Blind Carbon Copy.
> Now, Copy is "roonevesht" or "noskheh."
> So, here I'd suggest using "Roonevesht" for CC and
> "Roonevesht-e Penhaan" for BCC.

I second this one too. "roonevesht" and "Roonevesht-e Penhaan" sound good.

Greetings,
Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project