[Kde-i18n-fa] Some words and a problem

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Thu Apr 24 22:23:09 CEST 2003

On Thursday 24 April 2003 17:49, Hamid Nouri wrote:
> Hi there
> suggest yours:
> I used:
> 1-  "aagahi shode"  for the meaning of "advertised", I
> like "elan shode" but in order to use Farsi words I
> used "agahi shode" in the phrase:
> "The hostname of your server, as advertised to the
> world"

Seems OK to me.

> 2- "shekaiat" for "complaints" in the phrase: "The
> email address to send all complaints or problems to."

Perfecto !

On Thursday 24 April 2003 18:06, A. R. M. wrote:

> : 3- I have no suggestion for "leading" in the phrase:
> : "The access log file; if this does not start with a
> : leading..."
>
> "leading" = "pishvand"  (in this case)

I agree with ARM's suggestion.

> : and a syntaxial problem:
> : Say to me how should I  tranaslate this phrase:"By
> : default /usr/share/cups.</p>\n", when I translated it,
> : it got a very bad shape.:-(
>
> "By Default" = "beh soorat-e qaraardaadi"
> So:
> "beh soorat-e qaraardaadi, /usr/share/cups ..."

However ARM is wrong here. We have used "pish farz" for "default", and
it has been used extensivly before.
As to how to translate this string I underestand your problem. Personaly
This method has worked for me:

In the first line write "be soorate pish farz"
and then hit enter and go to the next line, and type this in the second
line:
/usr/share/cups.</p>\n

All translators remember, in KBabel, you can hit enter and go to a new
line whenever you want. No one says that your translations should
follow the original message about the number of lines. You can hit
enter and go to a new line whenever you feel appropriate, and you can
combine two lines, if necessary. The overall format of a string in
KBabel, doesn't have anything to do with the way a message will be
displayed in the actual software. So, feel free to enter a new line.
this specially helps when translating strings that have combine farsi
and english texts.

Cheers

--
/* Mom, I'm not viewing porn late at night; really,
I'm just at slashdot, reading myself blind */