[Kde-i18n-fa] Coordination

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Thu Apr 24 22:10:26 CEST 2003

On Thursday 24 April 2003 11:47, Abbas Izad wrote:
> Hi there
> I have had a look inside some of the translated files and figured out
> some of my questions. If you guys don't mind I want to stick to kppp
> and finish it. I guess first thing every kde/linux newbies is doing
> is that to try to connect her/his linux box to the internet. so it
> might be a good help for them. I can work on koffice after that. what
> do you think?

If I was the coordinator, I wouldn't have liked it, but because Arash
Zeini said that it is OK, and that I also personaly think that kppp is
an important application, go ahead. My resistance is only because
KOffice 1.3 will be released on september this year, while the release
date for KDE 3.2 hasn't been announced yet, and I expect it to be
somewhere near the end of this year. So that's why we are currently
focusing more on KOffice. But anyway, go ahead with kppp and wish you
luck.

> One other thing, I use swedish keybord with farsi layout and I can
> tell you it is very confusing when you use html tags. the order of
> sentence become spagetti like. Do you have the same problem? Is there
> any solution for this? Does the sentence order be right when you
> install the farsikde?

No, it doesn't have anything to do with you swedish keyboard. That's
also the same here with our english ones. In complex strings, things
really get spagetti like, but anyway, if you really focus on it, it
will be OK when in FarsiKDE. I will send you a privat email with a
screenshot of a complex string, which has been translated nicely (The
same one  sent for Anahita).

Cheers
--
/* Mom, I'm not viewing porn late at night; really,
I'm just at slashdot, reading myself blind */