[Kde-i18n-fa] weird strings II [was:Hi]

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Wed Apr 23 18:12:20 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 14:19, Anahita Fathipur wrote:

> I want to use...
> "jabeye daryaft" for "Inbox"
> "jabeye ersal" for "outbox"

I would suggest "sandoghe daryaft" and "sandoghe ersal", because in
farsi we use "sandoghe posti".

> about CC and BCC
> cc is courtesy copy which means "copie moaddabane!!" (in a bad
> translation) in the oxford pocket dictionary, there is an idiom: "by
> courtesy of" that is "with the favour or permision of"...
> I suggest to use "copie post" for "CC" and "copy post penhan" for
> "BCC" (blinde courtesy copy) as we used "post" for mail

I'm not sure about dictionaries, but AFAIK CC stands for Carbon Copy.
This word is very often used in farsi conversations in offices, so I
suggest you translate CC as "Copy Carbon" and BCC as "Copy Carbone
Penhan".

> and I used "nam" for "first name" and "name khanevadegi" for "last
> name".

Seems to be good.

> I did saw in emails about texts in tags... when a string starts with
> tags how should I make the translation to be right to left? when I
write inside the tag
> (in english) it turns left to right..

I will send you a private email ASAP with a screenshot showing how to
handle this.

Cheers
--
/* Mom, I'm not viewing porn late at night; really,
I'm just at slashdot, reading myself blind */